Mobile Deposit Service
The Mobile Deposit service allows Users to make deposits to their Credit Union checking or savings accounts (some limitations apply) using your mobile device by creating a digital image of checks and delivering the images and associated deposit information to Credit Union or their designated processor.
Enrollment & Eligible Accounts
Types of Checks Eligible for Mobile Deposit
You can deposit most checks that are payable to you and drawn in U.S. dollars on a U.S. financial institution. You agree that you will not use the Service to deposit:
- Checks that were previously submitted by Mobile Deposit at CCU or at another financial institution.
- Checks drawn on your account at CCU or at another financial institution.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Credit card convenience check and savings bonds.
- Checks that have been altered or that you do or should know/suspect to be altered or fraudulent
- Checks marked “non-negotiable”.
- Checks that are dated more than six months prior or that have a future date.
- Checks prohibited by Credit Union’s current procedures, which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your account.
Check Endorsement – IMPORTANT
All checks must be endorsed by the accountholder/payee and the endorsement MUST include the following words or the check will be rejected: “For mobile deposit only to CCU account #____________”; include your account number and your signature. Checks not endorsed properly will be rejected.
The front and back images of an item transmitted using the Service must be complete and legible. If the image quality is not meet the standards need to process the deposit, the check will be rejected.
Receipt of Items: Upon receipt, the image will be reviewed for acceptability. The image is considered received by us when it is acknowledged within the App. Our acknowledgment does not mean that the image contains no errors and will be deposited, only that the image has been received. Items will generally be posted to your account within 2 business days. We reserve the right to reject any item transmitted through the Service, at our discretion, without being liable to you. We are not responsible for items we do not receive or for images that are dropped during transmission.
Disposal of Transmitted Items Upon acknowledgment from Credit Union that the check image has been received, you agree to securely retain the original item for 30 days and to then to securely dispose of the item. You further agree to never re-present the item, either in paper or electronic form to Credit Union or another financial institution. You will promptly provide any retained item, or a sufficient copy of the front and back of the item, to Credit Union as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process, to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any item or for Credit Union’s audit purposes. Credit Union is not responsible for the loss of the original item due to the secure disposal requirement contained in this Agreement.
Availability of Funds: In general, funds will be available for your use as soon as the deposit has posted to your account. Our normal check hold procedures apply to items deposited using the Service. In certain circumstances, we may use a check hold to delay availability of the funds. In this case, we will notify you when the funds will be available. We will not be liable for any costs or fees you incur when attempting to access funds that have not been made available to you.
Items Returned Unpaid: Items are deposited to your account as a provisional credit and you agree to indemnify us against any loss we suffer because of our acceptance of the check. In the event a deposited item is dishonored, the amount will be withdrawn from your account (the account of deposit or any other account in your name at the Credit Union) and the Item Returned Unpaid fee, as listed in our Fee Schedule, will be assessed. With our approval, check images that are returned for image quality adjustments may be re-submitted on paper to the Credit Union to be reprocessed; they may not be re-deposited using the Service.
User Warranties: By using the Service, you make the following warranties:
- Each image of a check transmitted is a true and accurate representation of the front and back of the original check, without any alteration, and the drawer of the check has no defense against payment of the check.
- The amount, payee, signature(s) and endorsement(s) on the original check are legible, genuine and accurate.
- You will not deposit or otherwise endorse to a third party the original check so as not to re-present a check that has already been processed and/or paid.
- Other than the digital image of an original check, there are no other duplicate images of the original check.
- You have possession of each original check deposited using the Service and no party will submit the original check for payment.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCU from any loss for breach of this warranty provision.
- Images transmitted by you will contain no viruses or other disabling features that may have an adverse impact on Credit Union network, data or related systems.
Termination or Discontinuation
For security purposes, we require that you notify us of your request to terminate your Mobile Deposit access using one of the contact methods at the end of this disclosure.
The Credit Union reserves the right to limit or deny Mobile Deposit access for any account, for any reason, without advance notice.
Mobile deposits will appear in your account history and on your periodic statement. You agree to notify us of any error relating to images transmitted using the Service no later than 60 days after we provide the periodic statement that includes any transaction you feel is in error. If you do not notify us within these 60 days, you cannot make a claim related to the alleged error.
In person at:
Cloverbelt Credit Union
110 McIndoe St
Wausau WI 54403
By mail at:
Cloverbelt Credit Union
PO Box 659
Wausau WI 54402-0659
By phone at:
715-842-5693 or toll free 866-214-1395
By email at:
**Last updated 4/18/2019